What to do with shiitake mushrooms...
I didn't work out the past two days so it was imperative that I get a little bit of exercise. By the time I worked out and took a shower, it was around 9pm. I was feeling lazy and uninspired. I did make daikon radish and carrot salad soaked overnight in amazu or sweetened rice vinegar on Tuesday. This is one of my favorite dishes that my grandma made for me. She would sprinkle crushed sesame seeds over the top. It's so crunchy that I can't stop eating it.
(makes about 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/4 cup rice vinegar
8 tbs sugar
2 tbs salt
Add all ingredients into a pan and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, turn off the heat and let it rest until it comes back to room temperature. Transfer to a container and refrigerate.
I was trying to find recipes online that used shiitake mushrooms. It had to be fast and easy. I came across this recipe for spicy shiitake mushrooms on the Food Network website. This caught my eye because it called for some Japanese ingredients like soy sauce, sesame seed oil and scallions. I also loved the fact that this recipe provided an alternative method of cooking where you throw everything into a bowl and broil the mushrooms caps for 3 minutes. The only thing I did differently was that I didn't use jalapeno peppers.
2 Comments:
I'm fond of just cutting an "x" on the shiitake cap and grilling the mushrooms for a short time in a dry pan or on a shichirin, and serving them with a dipping sauce of good shouyu and freshly grated ginger.
i love that you put wrapped and unwrapped pictures of this little chick!
Post a Comment
<< Home