The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating.
When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"
Chile-rubbed steak with tomatillo-avocado salsa
Oh, it's so sad that I didn't turn on the TV/computer this morning so that Martha's show will record. I have the Windows XP Media Center Edition on my desktop and the computer needs to be on in order to "dvr" TV shows. I had to get up earlier than usual to get to work so I didn't exactly have time to go through my daily routine of getting ready and watching the Today show. Don't ask me why I watch that show but I end up watching it for the weather forecast.
Of course, not having Martha recorded didn't deter me from checking out her website and seeing what she cooked for her "simple supper". It didn't seem that simple to me, especially the tomatillo-avocado salsa that the recipe links to. By the time I got back from the gym, showered and went grocery shopping for the ingredients, it was past 9pm. The rub was easy enough to mix up but you have to wait 30 minutes for it to marinate. It was worth it though.
While the steak was marinating, I made the salsa. I grilled the tomatillos, onion, garlic and jalapeno pepper directly on my electric range. I threw those in the handy dandy food processor with lime, cilantro and salt. A quick pulse, pulse, pulse. I tossed it with some diced avocados to complete the salsa. Simple enough.
As for the taste, pretty darn spicy!! I was sweating profusely to say the least. It was very, very good. The steak was perfectly cooked and was full of chile and cumin flavors. Zack literally swallowed three tacos in two minutes!
2 Comments:
That steak looks absolutey delicious! the perfect pinkness...you know that i love steak...so can you please invite me over for dinner soon!?!
i don't particularly feel like agreeing with your crazy sister, but i guess i also think that that steak looks perfectly pink. -s
i'm also nominating you for the pulitzer for that "quick pulse, pulse, pulse" stuff...
Post a Comment
<< Home