4 Taste Off Rush
I invited Zack's sister Kari to have brunch with Zack and I downtown. My friend recommended that I try 4 Taste (which only serves dinner and late-night snacks) but I've never been much of an after-hours kinda girl. I much preferred trying out the breakfast menu at this 4 Taste spin-off (see Metromix description).
The club-ish decor and music didn't match my idea of an ideal brunch spot, but I decided to look past that. There were a lot of interesting things on the breakfast menu such as "Ostrich Benedict" (Zack's choice). I always choose sweet over savory for breakfast foods so I picked the "Chai Latte French Toast" which was a chai latte-flavored french toast stuffed with mascarpone cheese. Kari ended up with the "Yukon Omlette". Most of the breakfast items are affordable at $ 10.95 with some a la carte and half-order breakfast items for $4-$5.
I really liked the french toast because of the sweet chai flavors and the lightly sweetened mascarpone cheese. They topped it off with a fried quail egg. The french toast went well with their salty house potatoes too. As for Zack's dish, the ostrich filets sandwiched between the poached egg and the English muffin tasted salty and game-y to me. I didn't expect ostrich to taste more like beef than some other type of meat. It was interesting but definitely not something that I'd eat for breakfast. The omlette with Yukon fries wasn't all that spectacular but was a very tasty and satisfying breakfast. I'm not rushing to go back or anything, but it's worth checking out.
4 Taste Off Rush
100 E Walton St
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 280-2400
1 Comments:
yeah, the slightly toned down dance club music (to give it that after-hours effect) combined with the hat-wearing old ladies eating brunch was a little weird. maybe they should stick to dinner and late-night snacks?
Post a Comment
<< Home