Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa

I had two very ripe mangoes ready for consumption. I put them to good use by making grilled salmon with mango salsa using several recipes on epicurious.com. This recipe includes red bell pepper, red onion, fresh corn, cilantro and fresh lime juice. The salmon steaks grilled for a couple of minutes on the grill.

I really enjoyed this dish because it took very little time to prepare and it is so full of color and flavor. The sweetness of the mangoes really worked well with the creamy and juicy salmon. It's always a plus when a dish is aesthetically pleasing as well as tasty. A lot of "sauces" don't necessarily allow for interesting color schemes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home