Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fried Green Tomatoes

Here's something that Zack and I picked up at the farmer's market... green tomatoes! I'm not being really creative by making fried green tomatoes but I had to have some. I used a recipe from The Joy of Cooking.

Here's my modified version:
  1. Remove the stem ends of 3 large green tomatoes, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
  2. Combine 1 cups fine cornmeal, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, salt and pepper to taste in a shallow bowl.
  3. Dip the tomato slices one at a time into 1/2 cup of milk and then coat with the cornmeal mixture. Shake off the excess and set on a plate.
  4. Heat a cup vegetable oil in a large skillet until hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Add tomatoes and fry until golden and crisp, turning once. Serve immediately.
I made it as a snack but it works as a breakfast item or appetizer. It's just fun to eat.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks sooooo yummy!! I'd love to try that!!

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! dominique send me this link and I am in love with it!!!!! I think you and I are in the same zone in the world. Maybe I'll start a food blog next.
Nicely done!
Katy, Dominique's friend

10:21 AM  
Anonymous hcg activator said...

yummy, how u prepare it?

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home