Rôti de Porc Poêlé
Just to mix it up, I cooked a dish from Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking: Volume One." Some of her recipes involve very simple ingredients in very flavor-maximizing ways. For example, I made Rôti de Porc Poêlé or Casserole-Roasted Pork.
The dish looks very plain and mediocre but you realize the gravy sauce that you made from the pan juices and bits is phenomenally rich. There is a drawback to this richness, however, since all of the butter and pork fat used to make the dish is probably not the best thing for your health. It's definitely worth indulging once in a while to savor Julia Child's buttery French dishes.
2 Comments:
Oh Sayaka--where are you? I check several times a week to see if you have lifted your ban on your blog, but it's been 4 months . . . .hope all is well.
hey,
i just found your blog and i think it's phenomenal. having just moved to chicago, i was wondering if you could recommend your top 5 places to eat here?
thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home