Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Kevin

I was curious to eat at Kevin after reading about Kevin Shikami. His menu supposedly changes daily. I liked the general atmosphere of the restaurant and the decor was earthy and minimal. I just found the bar area to be obtrusive.

I went for lunch and had duck confit appetizer and wild Alaskan salmon roasted with red cherry tomatoes and purple potatoes for the main course. The appetizer was very tasty but had too much volume. I was already getting full after the appetizer. The salmon was deliciously roasted and the portion was just right. The dish was aesthetically pleasing because of the color palate of orange (salmon), red (tomatoes), and purple (potatoes).

The best part of my dining experience there was dessert. I had the marscapone cheese creamed in a cornet with orange segments, figs, and walnuts. The whole thing was drizzled with a orange-flavored honey which brought the flavors of the cheese and the fruits together. I would definitely go back. I am curious to see the daily menu changes but it's not exactly an affordable place for every day dining.

Kevin
9 W Hubbard
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 595-0055

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home