Chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich
Chocolate chip cookies are one of the simplest but most fulfilling foods to bake. It's hard to mess up and there are very few people that can actually say no to a chocolate chip cookie. I made a batch using the "classic chocolate chip cookies" recipe from the Joy of Cooking. You really can't go wrong with using this cookbook to make the classic dishes and desserts. I like my chocolate chip cookies very soft and chewy so I baked the cookies for a one or two minutes less than the cookbook recommended.
One of my favorite ways to take advantage of the warm fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies is to make an ice cream sandwich. The ice cream starts melting as soon as it touches the cookies and the chocolate oozes out when you break the cookie open with a spoon. It's worth making a whole batch just for this fugacious indulgence.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home