Berry Almond Cake
I was in the mood for cake and really wanted to use some of the huckleberries that Zack and I picked in Montana. I searched for berry dessert recipes on epicurious.com and came across a recipe for almond cake with berries. I liked the idea of combining fresh berries with an almond cake.
I didn't have any problems making the cake but it was a hassle whipping the egg whites to stiffy, glossy peaks with only a hand mixer. I really need to get myself a real mixer!! I expected the cake to be a little bit lighter and more spongy than it actually came out. I suppose the almonds had something to do with that.
While it turned out great, I was a little disappointed that the cake was somewhat dense. The almond flavor was good but I would have preferred a plain spongecake with the fresh berries over the almond cake. Zack wasn't exactly fighting me over the last piece. In fact, he barely ate any of it and I ended up eating half and throwing the rest away. Note to self: Don't bake cakes for two.
1 Comments:
I think it looks delicious!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home