Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Herb Garden

Yesterday, I went to the farmers market on Division between State and Clark (see details at the end of this post). I saw a lot of vegetables and fruits that I wanted to buy but I held myself back to only buying a few potted herbs, including mint, thyme, rosemary, and basil. Today we picked up a planting pot and some potting mix from Ace Hardware so that I can start my very own herb garden on my apartment balcony. I was really excited especially because I have access to fresh herbs whenever I want.

Here's the mint...

and the thyme...

and the rosemary...

and the basil.

Here's my "herb garden". Hopefully, these plants get enough sun from my balcony.

Near North Farmers Markets
Location: On Division between State and Clark
Address: Division & Dearborn (1200 N - 50 W)
Dates: June 3 - October 28, 2006
Hours: 7 am - 2 pm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your little herb garden. I've done the same thing on my balcony - I love not having to buy a whole bunch of herbs when I only need a few leaves! It's so satisfying to have fresh herbs on hand whenever they are needed!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home