Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fourth of July celebrations

It's fourth of July! I've been wanting to make blueberry cobbler for the longest time but didn't have the right occassion to make it. My friends Shawn and Vahideh invited Zack and I over to Shawn's mom's house out in the suburbs. I brought some berry (blueberry, raspberry, and blackberry) cobbler that I made using this blueberry cobbler recipe from America's Test Kitchen.


We had a good time hanging out, watching the World Cup, Wimbledon, playing frisbee, and eating a ton of food. Grilled hamburgers, grilled chicken, grilled steak, grilled corn, and some salad. I really liked the seaweed salad that Shawn's mom made. Shawn's brother was there and my sisters stopped by for a while too. After the feast, we had strawberry shortcake and the berry cobbler for dessert. Then we had an intense two rounds of Taboo and saw some fireworks nearby.


A nice end to a long and relaxing weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home