Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Crab ricotta manicotti and lemon pepper chicken with thyme gremolata

My friend Kinh and I got together to make dinner on Saturday night. I've been trying to make dishes that require one or more of the herbs in my herb garden. Kinh suggested that we should make Giada De Laurentiis' crab and ricotta cannelloni dish that she saw the other day on the Food Network (the recipe calls for basil). We ended up using imitation crab but it turned out pretty well anyways. We also used the manicotti pasta instead of cannelloni.

While Kinh worked on this dish, I made Sara Moulton's grilled lemon pepper chicken breasts with thyme gremolata. Instead of grilling the chicken, I pan seared it. The gremolata was simple and delicious.

We had planned on talking about our trip to Montreal but we didn't really get to that. For dessert, we picked up some tea lattes from Starbucks and walked around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally found your blog! And let me tell you, I am salivating.....these pictures are food porn!!! :) Let's eat, drink, woman, woman together sooon!!! :) Miss you.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last comment was from melissa, but $%#^&*8( Blogger is not letting me put my name in....

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home