The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating.
When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"
Pasta bake brought to you by Rachel Ray
Some may hate Rachel Ray because of her annoying personality, but I like some of her recipes. I will say that she can be overwhelmingly perky and that she does get on my nerves sometimes. Last Friday before going out to see Nacho Libre with Will and Fred, Zack and I made one of her pasta bake recipes. It was the BLT Pasta Bake: Bacon, Leeks, and Tomatoes recipe in her "Rachel Ray 365: No Repeats" cookbook.
It consisted of cooked bacon, leeks and tomatoes mixed with cooked pasta and a Gruyere cheese sauce. It really does take only 30 minutes to make. I did have one problem though. I always remind myself that it's really easy to boil over milk if you're not paying attention, but I consistently manage to do it anyways. That's exactly what happened to me when making the roux for the sauce.
It was good and we had enough time to eat before heading out to meet Will and Fred at the movie theater. Well, almost enough time. Zack fandango'ed all four tickets so he had to run ahead of me to pick them up. Nacho Libre was funny but I didn't realize it was a Nickelodeon movie. It seemed like it was more geared towards kids. My favorite scene: when Nacho's sidekick Esqueleto throws a corn on the cob into some bad guy's eye socket. Totally unexpected!
3 Comments:
As I've told Sayaka repeatedly, I maintain that the fact that Rachel Ray has an annoying personality (NB: itself a HUGE understatement) trumps all other reasons that may lead one to embrace anything associated with her, including her recipes. So, for example, even if said recipes cure AIDS, her "personality" (big scare quotes) ought to make you balk at endorsing them. Allow me to press an analogy. Suppose you are tempted to endorse Heidegger's philosophy. Suppose (for the sake of argument) that Heidegger was a full-blown, unapologetic Nazi. That fact, all by itself, should force you to, at the very least, reconsider your endorsing of his philosophy. Rachel Ray's "personality" is obviously analagous to association-with-Nazism, except in this respect: it's even worse - one must seriously reconsider even canvassing the idea of even looking at a recipe of hers. That's how annoying she is. But nice pasta bake, saka!
oh. and love the link to fandango. nice touch.
I can't look at this blog anymore, Sayaka, I'm getting way too hungry!!! Everything looks delicious! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home