Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Avocado burgers

Zack is at it again with the grill! We cooked up a spicy burger with cayenne pepper mixed in the ground beef. As far as condiments and toppings go, there are the usual items such as ketchup, mustard, pickle, tomato, and onion. A key topping for me is avocado!

Believe it or not, Zack and I had one of the best burgers in Osaka at the Kua'aina Sandwich (website in Japanese). I always got the avocado burger whenever we needed to satisfy our real American hamburger cravings (McDonald's doesn't count). According to the website, the original Kua'aina sandwich shop was founded on the island of Oahu in 1975. It gained popularity and opened up its second location in Honolulu and its first Japanese location in Tokyo in 1997. There are ten other locations in Japan.

Even though they don't mention this on the website, I know for a fact that there is a "Ku
a'aina Sandwich" in the US in Santa Monica, California. I distinctly remember eating there when I vacationed there with friends from college.

A refreshing tomato and cucumber salad was the perfect compliment to the avocado burger. Yummy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home