Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Sunny Side Up Eggs on Toast with Artichokes and Olives

I promised myself that I would wake up in time to go to the 9am yoga class at my gym. I literally gave myself enough time to get up, get dressed and walk over there.

When I got there, I was too sleepy to realize that I was in the wrong class until the instructor introduced the class as some intense cardio-aerobic workout. I quickly got out of there and stepped into the classroom next door where the yoga class had already started. I walked in to a dimly-light room and the instructor asks loudly, "Is this your first time?" I answered timidly, "Yes, it is." A little bit embarrassing.

To say the least, I had no clue what I was doing. It seemed like most people are regulars and have their own yoga mat and everything. The poses were hard for someone like me with no flexibility and endurance strength. I also had a hard time taking the instructor seriously because she sounded like one of those relaxation tapes. "Channel your energy through rhythmic breathing", "Breathe out the stale air inside and inhale the clean air", etc. I think this sort of thing ain't my bag but I'm willing to give it another chance.

Anyways, here's my reward for trying something new and waking up early to work out. My breakfast: sunny side up eggs on toast with artichokes and kalamata olives. What a way to start off the day! I love breaking the yolk open and sopping up every last bit with my toast.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your breakfast looks very cute...and...japanese. who puts ONE artichoke and TWO little olives on their teeny toast w/ smily sunny side up egg? only the japanese. you raped my people. and now the world is licking up your cute like you lick up your egg yolk. love, stan

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home