The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating.
When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"
Strawberry and dried apricot salad
As usual, I headed home from the gym at around 9pm. I stopped by Treasure Island and picked up a couple of prepared foods including a Frontera stone-fired frozen pizza and a bag of Frontera organic lime with sea salt tortilla chips. I also picked up mixed greens, dried apricots, strawberries and minneola oranges (see my 4.21.06 post on this juicy fruit) for salad.
The Frontera chips were really good but I wasn't impressed with the pizza. It's made by Rick Bayless, so it's not surprising that it has a Mexican touch to it. The pizza had chicken chorizo and roasted peppers on it. The flavor was decent but I'm not a fan of the pizza dough. I actually prefer thin and crispy crusts over thick crusts. It may be a bit blasphemous to say this, as I am from the deep-dish pizza capital of the world.
The salad was really simple. I sliced some dried apricots and strawberries and tossed the fruits and mixed greens with a minneola-shallot vinaigrette. Simple, colorful and tasty! I'm a big fan of fruits in salad and I really enjoyed this combination of flavors and textures.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home