Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Monday, May 08, 2006

Spinach salad with pear and mango

For tonight's dinner, we had the macaroni and cheese leftovers and a simple spinach salad with pear and mango. I tossed the baby spinach leaves and the chopped fruits with a lemon-lime pecorino romano dressing. I adapted my dressing from this Martha Stewart recipe. As you can guess, I used both lemon and lime instead of just lemon and substituted pecorino romano for the parmesan cheese. I also couldn't help putting a squirt of Dijon mustard in the dressing. The pear and mango were perfectly ripe and sweet. It was a very refreshing salad and went well with the rich mac and cheese.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks good. you should try arugula. i love arugula. - stan

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home