Mirai
My mom and dad came to "kidnap" me (as my mom kept saying) on Saturday night because we had to get up at 5 in the morning to get to my sister's graduation on Sunday. My mom wanted to go out somewhere downtown for dinner. I've been wanting to try Mirai for a while now, so I made reservations there.
The food was really good, especially the chutoro sashimi. I also like the grilled scallop on top of a bed of arugula. We ordered a couple of makimono like the unagi trio and the fried softshell crab roll. The unagi was on the sweet side but very soft and delicious. Along with the softshell crab inside the roll, they placed a generous portion of it on top of the roll. While the decor was chic and trendy, it didn't impress my parents too much. They kept saying that the place caters to American taste. I think they would rather just go to Daruma, their regular hangout for Japanese food. With drinks and tip, the bill came out to around two hundred. It's definitely not somewhere that I can go everyday, but it's definitely worth it.
Mirai
2020 W Division
Chicago, IL 60622
(773) 862-8500
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home