Le Colonial
To celebrate mother's day and my mom's birthday, my family (minus Ayaka who stayed behind on campus), Zack, and I went out to dinner at Le Colonial on Rush. It's an upscale French-Vietnamese fusion restaurant right in my neighborhood. I've been there once before and I loved it.
This night, we started off with two appetizers, the crisp spring rolls of shrimp, pork, and shitake mushroom and the soft salad rolls of shrimp, rice vermicelli, lettuce, and bean sprouts. We ordered a salad and some entrees to have a family-style meal. The dishes include cold, spicy beef salad, steamed fillets of sablefish, sautéed jumbo shrimp with eggplant in a coconut curry sauce, sautéed diced filet mignon with sate spice, yams, and string beans, and sautéed diced chicken with eggplant, mango, string beans, and cashew nuts in a yellow curry sauce.
Everything was deliciously prepared and we devoured every dish like there's no tomorrow. My mom complained that it was too dark in the restaurant and she can't see her food. Well, I liked the atmosphere and decor of the place, which is supposed to recreate 1920s Saigon.
Le Colonial
937 N Rush St
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 255-0088
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home