Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Grilled pork chops with pineapple salsa

It's Weber time! Yes, our charcoal grill is back in action. This time we grilled some pork chops. As you can see, it's a little charred but significantly better than last time (see my grilled steak post). Good job, grill master!

I made grilled pork chops with pineapple salsa using this Epicurious.com recipe. The pork is rubbed with a simple oil and cumin mixture. The pineapple salsa was equally easy to make. I tossed together diced pineapples, chopped serrano chile, chopped red onion and lime juice. And that's it! I'm weak when it comes to chile heat so I toned it down by removing and discarding the seeds from the chile. I still thought it was pretty spicy without the seeds.

I also made a quick pasta salad with feta cheese, tomato and olives. Plus, we bought two ears of corn and grilled that directly on the grill without the husk. Yum! It doesn't need butter, salt, or anything else on it. It's so delicious with the grilled and caramelized flavor.

Zack and I had planned on seeing MI:3 but we decided to take a walk along the lake instead. We didn't really plan on it, but we walked over to Navy Pier, bought a couple of tickets, and rode on the ferris wheel and the swing ride. We even played mini-golf! It was unexpectedly fun. Btw, I totally beat Zack at mini-golf even though he claims that I cheated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home