The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating.
When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"
Too much spinach lasagna
This is my first attempt at making lasagna and I think it went pretty well. I used the vegetable lasagna recipe from the website of the PBS show Everyday Food. I really love that show because the recipes are simple and the chefs really think about practicality of cooking everyday for your family. That presents a slight problem since I'm not cooking for a family or large group of people but for two. It's a little bit sad because we'll be eating lasagna for tomorrow's lunch, tomorrow's dinner and the day after tomorrow's lunch. Let's not have any go to waste.
Instead of fontina cheese, I used a little bit of pecorino romano cheese and a whole lot of mozzarella cheese. In fact, I might have used entire way too much cheese because Zack's response was "It's cheesy." Well, it was cheesy and delicious. I also spent the extra cash to buy "cage-free" eggs that use no drugs, antibiotics or animal by-products. I have to admit that I bought the eggs because they were on sale and they were only 30 cents more expensive than the "caged" eggs produced from chickens injected full of drugs and antibiotics. I'm no environmentalist or vegetarian but it feels good and tastes good.
I also made the tomato sauce from scratch while I had a call with a client in Japan at the same time. I made one that's similar to the sauce I made for my ambitious pizza night but used dried thyme instead of fresh. I've seen variations of tomato sauce with parsley, rosemary, oregano and/or basil but I like the simple thyme-flavored tomato sauce the best. I thought this dish was delicious, but I'm partial to having some kind of meat like sausage or meatballs in my lasagna.
1 Comments:
Heyyy that looks really good! Can I have some? ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home