Polpette alla Napoletana
The weather today was sooo nice that I had to go outside for a jog along the lakeshore. Not surprisingly, it seemed like every other person in the city had the same idea. It was crowded on the pathway but manageable. When I got home, Zack was listening to some loud music and washing dishes. He already had an idea for dinner... spaghetti and meatballs. He even looked up the recipe for meatballs or "Polpette alla Napoletana" from Mario Batali's Molto Italiano: 327 Simple Italian Recipes to Cook at Home.
I took a quick shower and we headed out the door to Treasure Island. We bought some ingredients for the meatballs and the tomato sauce, but we forgot to get spaghetti! No big deal... we just used rigatoni instead. It turns out from reading Wikipedia (entry for spaghetti under preparation) that spaghetti with meatballs isn't a common dish in Italy. While Zack made the tomato sauce, I made the meatballs. I just threw some ground beef, eggs, day-old bread soaked in water and then drained of excess water, chopped parsley, grated pecorino romano, garlic, toasted pine nuts, salt and pepper in a giant bowl and mixed it well. After forming them into balls, I threw them into very hot oil and pan-ried them.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home