Pizza D.O.C.
Zack and I went to Pizza D.O.C. tonight because Zack had read an article in the NYT about the authentic pizzas baked in wood burning ovens at D.O.C. Now I like Chicago-style pizza as much as the next person, but sometimes you want to satisfy thin-crust Italian pizza cravings and it's not too easy to do in Chicago.
We started off with the fried calamari. It was hot and crispy with a very light batter and it was so good that I ate half of them without the marinara sauce. Of course, the sauce was delicious as well. THen we ordered the olive, artichoke, proschuitto and mushroom pizza and the sausage and mushroom pizza (shown below). I loved the tomato sauce and the thin crust full of flavor form the oven. I would have liked to try everything on the dessert menu but I picked the panna cotta. It had loads of vanilla beans and had a very creamy texture and rich flavor. I couldn't get enough of it! I highly recommend this place. (Also, see the restaurant review on Too Many Chefs).
2251 W Lawrence Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
(773) 784-8777
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home