Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Monday, April 03, 2006

Mabo Tofu on a Monday night


Here's my take on the Japanese version of the Chinese dish Mabo Tofu. Zack cooked some ground pork in a small saute pan while I cooked some red and green bell peppers, carrots and egglant in another pan. We added some firm tofu and then the pork. Then, Zack squeezed out some Mabo Tofu sauce I bought at Mitsuwa (the Japanese grocery store in Arlington Heights). So, I didn't make the sauce from scratch. Give me a break. It's a quick and easy Monday night dinner. To finish off the dish, I just gently placed the veggie/tofu/pork goodness on top of some steamed rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home