The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating.
When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"
Crustless broccoli and cheddar cheese quiche
I end up buying a carton of dozen eggs, using two or three the day I buy them and then forgetting about them for the next month or two. By that time, I end up tossing them because I fear that the eggs have been fermenting in the back of my fridge turning green and blue. Of course, I know that eggs keep for a long time in the fridge but I can't get over my fear. Well, I didn't want my cage-less eggs to go to waste, so I didn't hesitate in using them for Crustless Broccoli-Cheddar Quiches last night. I got the recipe from Everyday Food online. Good thing this recipe calls for a total of 6 eggs.
This was so simple to make and it was delicious. I have to say that my mind was resisting the fact that this quiche had no crust. I think a quiche isn't a quiche without a crust. So, I felt like I ate a baked omlette that left me feeling like I had breakfast for dinner. Plus, my bf Zack still hasn't gotten past the fact that a full meal doesn't have to include meat, but I do admit that I didn't serve anything else such as bread or salad as suggested by the Everyday Food crew. We ended up snacking before dinner because we had a late dinner.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home