The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating.
When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"
Better banana bread
I came across this recipe for moist banana bread last week on The Fresh Loaf. Usually, I make banana bread when I have a couple over-ripen bananas but I actually bought bananas specifically to try out this recipe. I was intrigued by the addition of vanilla yogurt.
It was strange because the loaf rose a little bit but then shrank back down almost immediately while cooling. I really like the flavor and the moistness, but it seemed a little too moist. It's also really dense. I followed the recipe except that I replaced the whole wheat flour with more all-purpose flour. Maybe I should have used more flour to absorb the yogurt.
1 Comments:
Perhaps it was supposed to be more like a banana pound cake. which to me sounds and looks great!
Post a Comment
<< Home