Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Korean BBQ

Do you ever get cravings for Korean BBQ? I do! I haven't had it in a while, so it was a good thing that a bunch of people from work organized an outing to San Soo Gap San, one of the best Korean restaurants in Chicago (check out the Citysearch review). It's near Western and Foster and has the smallest parking lot I've seen for such a popular restaurant. Street parking isn't exactly a piece of cake either. This place is open 24 hours and has a great atmosphere. There were about 15 people dispersed between two large tables with grills in the middle. I have to warn you that the smell of smoke and cooked beef will not easily wash out of your hair and clothes, so be prepared for that. Otherwise, order up some kalbi or bulgolgi and finish off the meal with some naengmyeon. They ended up serving us so much food that there's not enough room for all of the plates. I know I had way too much to eat, but it was all worth it! I'd do it all over again and again and again...

San Soo Gap San
5247 N Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
(773) 334-1589

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home