Oishii Ringo

The title of this blog "oishii ringo" means delicious apple in Japanese. This is a little blog about food, cooking and eating. When it comes right down to it, don't get in between a girl and her food. "LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!"

Monday, March 27, 2006

India Garden

We had another night with Nishaant in town, so we all met up again for dinner last night. I had a few restaurant suggestions (like Frontera Grill, Tsunami, etc.) but they were all shot down. We basically had to go somewhere that has a good variety of vegetarian food so we ended up picking Indian food. We chose India Garden where we all ordered a bunch of dishes to share. There's nothing like family-style eating to enjoy good food and good company. Here are some of the dishes we ordered: tandoori chicken, chicken tikka masala, some vegetarian dishes like Masoor dal, Aloo gobhi (potato and cauliflower) and saag paneer (spinach with cheese) and, of course, samosas. I couldn't get enough naan dipped in plenty of masoor dal and the tandoori chicken was perfectly cooked. Zack and I finished off the meal with some mango and sweet lassi drinks.

India Garden
247 E Ontario St
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 280-4910

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home